We are looking for a IT Infrastructure Engineer for a dynamic and diverse company designing, developing and managing exceptional holiday resorts worldwide. As IT Infrastructure Engineer you will be responsible for the design, installation and configuration of the Windows infrastructure as well as IT security (IDS, IPS, firewall & proxy rules, DMZ, VPN, spam filtering, antivirus, security patches, certificates, data encryption, etc.).
- Daily administration of Windows systems running currently supported Windows MS Server (2012, 2008).
- Design, manage Active Directory, GPOs, DNS, and other Windows core services.
- IT security compliance ,(IDS, IPS firewall & proxy rules, DMZ, VPN, spam filtering, certificates, data encryption, etc.).
- Perform enterprise level system upgrades of AD, operating systems, applications, and other tools, including evaluation and installation of new products.
- Proactively monitor servers to anticipate and mitigate problems.
- Resolve network performance issues (internet bandwidth problems, ISP issues and firewall / router issues).
- Resolve escalated issues from the IT Service Desk and Tier II administrators.
- Create, maintain and troubleshoot images for Windows-10, Office 2010/2016 & Office365 deployment.
- Utilise internal Help Desk Ticketing System.
- Bachelor’s degree and five (5) years’ experience supporting current windows server technologies, WAN and LAN.
- (If no degree, 13 or more years’ relevant experience is an allowable substitution.)
- Strong systems administration knowledge supporting Windows Server 2008/2012 in a VMWARE environment:
- Solid knowledge of Active Directory, GPOs, DNS, and the ability to maintain other Windows core services
- Must be able to prepare images, troubleshoot, and repair Windows 10 and MS-Office2010 deployments. (Office365 as a plus)
- Must be able to create and manage solutions at enterprise level using GPOs, scripting and other tools
- Expert understanding of core networking technologies such as DHCP, DNS, VPNs, Firewalls, DMZ, Routing, and Wireless networks:
- Expert level knowledge of DNS.
- Hands on experience with firewalls and routers, preferably with Fortinet Fortigate.
- Familiar with network monitoring/management technologies (SNMP, syslog, monitoring applications like Zabix, Pandora, etc.)
- Experience with a globally distributed server and workstation environment.
- Must be self-motivated, flexible, proactive with issues and responsive to various levels of staff.
- Excellent communication skills to explain technical information and requirements effectively to others both orally and written.
- Demonstrated ability to perform under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Outstanding customer service and time management skills, strong sense of ownership, and a can-do attitude.
- Experience with other operating systems as well as different flavours of LINUX a plus.
- SALARY: 42.000 – 44.000 gross anual salary.